TPM is hiring a junior Marketing Associate at our New York Headquarters. The gist: You need a great design eye and familiarity with Photoshop and Powerpoint. You need to be able to collaborate with our sales and marketing team to create compelling sales decks and presentations. Finally, you need to understand TPM, its culture and direction.
If you’re interested, check after the jump to see the official job description and how to apply.
***** ***** *****
JR Marketing/Creative Services
Location: New York City
Description: TPM is looking for a junior marketing associate with excellent graphic and design skills to be an integral part of our sales and marketing team. Duties will include designing compelling sales presentations for TPM advertisers. Candidates must have relevant design experience and must be ready to work at the fast-paced metabolism of a new media news organization. A solid grasp of contemporary U.S. politics, a real familiarity with TPM, and a good design eye are each a must. We are looking for someone eager and exceptional who has solid experience in digital media, a keen understanding of presentation design, and a true love for everyone’s favorite - PowerPoint.
Competitive salary, health insurance coverage (TPM pays 100% of premium), 401(k), three weeks paid vacation per year. To apply, send a resume and examples of your work to talk (at) talkingpointsmemo.com. Include the subject line: “Job App: Marketing Associate.”
• Collaborating with the Sales team to create persuasive materials for proposals and meetings
• Working with the Creative team to obtain site mockups for marketing materials
• Brainstorming with the Sales and Creative teams to concept custom marketing programs for major clients
• Creating campaign wrap up reports to encourage advertiser retention
• Representing both the irreverence and intelligence of our editorial culture in all materials
• Bachelor’s degree
• 1 to 2 years experience in similar sales support role at a digital publisher or agency
• Attention to detail, unrivaled time management skills
• Obsession with design and the elements of visual presentation
• Deep understanding of and appreciation for PowerPoint
• Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator
• Familiarity with Google products such as Apps, Docs, Gmail, Calendar, etc.
• Enthusiasm for the future of brand advertising on the web
• Exceptional creativity
Josh Marshall is editor and publisher of TalkingPointsMemo.com.